Monday, December 1, 2008

Blog 16 (Video Response)

L.I.F.E. by Lil' Mama
The Voice of the Young People Album

This video by Lil’ Mama is about the turmoil life can present for youth, especially those who have family issues. Lil’ Mama takes the roles of different characters that all have some serious issue like pregnancy, drug dealer, torn family, or poverty. I know that she is not just making up things for her video. These things really happen. Some have happened to people I know and care about.

The video really makes me appreciate how good my life is. No matter how bad life seems it can always get worse. The thing is you never know how bad someone has it until they tell you. Someone could seem to have the perfect life, but it could all be a show. There could be some serious family issues that they are trying to hide from the world, because they don’t want to seem weak by asking for help. This is one of the reasons that I believe they say not to judge a person by their appearance. You never know what issues they are dealing with.

The chorus of the song is an acronym which spells out life. L-is for the liars that had surrounded me,I-insecurity: My head down in these streets, F-my future; there isn’t on, E-ternal Hope- and this is my life. The chorus sets the tone for the song. The song paints the relief that there is no hope, and your stuck with what happens. This is true to a certain extent, but I think that you can change your circumstances to a certain point. You don’t have to have the same life as your parents. In today’s society you can change your life. It is all up to how hard you work and what life throws your way.

No comments: